The Brown Jacket Award
The Brown Jacket is awarded to one
general aviation pilot each year by the IMC Club International. The award
recognizes excellence in three areas:
to the aviation Community
The award is open to all IMC Club
pilot members. It is announced each year at the Sun-n-Fun aviation show in Lakeland, Florida starting in 2014 and presented at the AirVenture in Oshkosh, WI. The designation identifies and publicly recognizes those pilots who are
demonstrating an ongoing commitment to excellence, professional growth, and
service to the aviation community and it sets standards to which all instrument
pilots can aspire.
The designation requires a process of continuing aviation
activity and it is awarded annually to one individual only.
Candidates for the Brown Jacket Award must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Be an IMC Club member in good standing;
- Subscribe to and abide by an Aviator Code of Conduct;
- Have demonstrated involvement and leadership in the local aviation community;
- Hold a valid pilot certificate with instrument rating;
- Be instrument current and proficient as described in the “Inner Marker Circle” membership requirements.
- Meet all the credit activity requirements as described in the "Brown Jacket" award application
The Brown Jacket entitles recipient to:
- Wear the Specially Issued “Instrument Master” brown leather flight
And to the following:
by other professional aviation associations that they have achieved a level of
professionalism and excellence that exceeds industry minimums,
- News releases, publicity and designation announcements,
to use the accreditation as a reference source.
- Various Prizes from the aviation industry members including a Lightspeed Zulu PFX aviation headset with Streaming Quiet™ ANR
If you wish to nominate someone you know for this honor please click here to submit the Nomination Form For a detailed requirements and qualification application package for yourself please click HERE