ATTAINING CHAPTER STATUS
Submitting your application for Chapter status takes relatively little preparation, as defined below, and has the capability of being greatly rewarding for you and your fellow pilots.
- The first thing you need are a few interested pilots, in your area, who are instrument rated and want to promote instrument flying proficiency and safety, and who want to participate in the IMC Clubs with membership.
- Choose a Chapter Head to be the designated representative for your chapter.
- You will also need to have at least one FAA Certified Flight Instructor Instruments (CFII) located in your area. It could be you.
- Chapter names will be based on the state and City of your chapter.
- Arrange for a meeting place like a conference or briefing room at the airport, large enough to accommodate your members.
Submit your application to IMC CLUBS for approval.
Once IMC CLUBS receives your application you will be contacted by our Director of Chapter Coordination. He can answer all your questions.
Once approved, you will receive your welcome package to help you get set up. Your assigned coordinator will also assist you in setting up your clubs agenda and scheduling of events.